Business Development Executive - Newcastle upon Tyne
As part of our ongoing expansion, blackswan is recruiting a business development executive to assist with the short and long term business development strategy. The successful candidate will join the People Business and support new business development across all of our people solutions. This includes; leadership development, executive coaching, and change management, organisational and strategic development.
They will be able to work both independently on their own initiative, as well as part of a team, and be able to manage their own workload to meet changing demands.
As a business development executive, you will be responsible for building up a business through gaining new customers and accounts.
This role will be ideal for someone who is keen to establish themselves with a global brand and within the people/organisation development arena. We are an exciting business, driven to create a brand that is known for its excellence, excitement, intelligence and the quality of the people. You will enjoy seeking new opportunities and advocating the blackswan portfolio.
Main duties of the post:
- Identify new business opportunities using relevant research tools, sector specific targeting and cold calling
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: research, lead generation, asking questions, securing meetings and involvement in proposals and pitches.
- Managing and maintaining a pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is current using CRM software.
- Formulate marketing strategies and is responsible for implementing them
- Keep track of market intelligence in the industry with respect to market development, projects, competitive activity, customers etc
- Event management, scheduling speaking opportunities and conferences
- Increasing blackswan brand recognition in the market place
- National and International business development
Skills, Knowledge and experience required:
- Creativity in lead generation
- Proven success in your sales ability and demonstrate full knowledge of sales process
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities
- Strong communication skills in all forms including; written, telephone, email and proposal
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored
- Understand routes to contact and engage new business
- Motivated and target driven
- Commercially focused
- Adaptable and versatile
- Willing to go above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction
Up to £25,000 basic plus excellent bonus scheme
Apply for this role now. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Transformation Experts
Over the past year blackswan have built up a significant sales capability in innovation. We have now formalised this capability in the creation of our new business transformation division, Business DNA® and within our governmental transformation division, icubed®
blackswan are committed to delivering major client business transformation programmes and are looking to engage individuals with significant Innovation transformation capability as part of the implementation team. We would like to talk to those interested in working directly for us, or as part of a contributing network. You would work with us under the guidance of our Business Transformation Lead.
You will be a leading thinker and voice in innovation practices and will have led many successful business transformation activities and initiatives on a global scale .
You will be skilled in business management, and have best in class experience in stage gate processes, project management, product development and in R&D. Six Sigma Black Belt certification is preferred but not essential.
You will have worked across all aspects of the innovation life cycle, and be capable of macro-level strategy development whilst also being able to transform the individual parts. You will bring a high degree of proactivity with strong people skills and a good understanding of client engagements.
You will be a strong team contributor and have over 10 years experience in the innovation space
More current vacancies
New business sales professionals - BSVAV 018
Key account sales managers / directors - BSVAC 019
Internal sales professionals - BSVAC 020
Recruitment, search and selection professionals - BSVAC 021
Too view recruitment opportunities which our search and selection team are currently working on: click here
If you think you fit the bill for any of these positions, send your CV and a covering email quoting the appropriate job reference to:
Salaries are negotiable, so let us know what you think you're worth!